Thursday, July 1, 2010

Visa=Voy Viernes

Finally got my visa.
I think the worst part of it for me was that I was out of the loop. Once things started going weird with the consulate, the people over at stanford took over. And I lost my direct connection to the process. Ever couple of days I would send an email asking what the status was, and get nothing. Or at least nothing new. As I got closer and closer to leaving--or not, as the case might have been--I started also asking what plan B was if things didnt work out in time. I legitimately wanted to know what I could be doing if I didnt end up in India.
I ended up getting emails that, instead of telling me what my options would be, contained helpful little messages like "stay positive," and "you should still be hopeful." So apparently I seemed stressed out enough that I needed emotional counseling, but really from my end I just wanted to know what was going on.
Not that I can complain any more, seeing how it ended up.
And with a whole day to spare, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment